Hateg Country UNESCO Global Geopark is a member of the Global and European Geopark Networks. It covers 12 municipalities and contains remarkable geological values, as well as a natural and cultural wealth.
The Geopark is administered by the University of Bucharest, which ensures an integrated management centred on education, protection and sustainable development. The Geopark uses the local resources in order to give communities a sense of identity and to generate new local incomes, especially through geotourism.
By visiting the Geopark, you can travel back in time and explore the History of the Earth and the History of Mankind. There are 6 visitor attractions and numerous routes:
- The House of the Geopark with the exhibition „Balauri, Dragons and Dinosaurs” and the reconstruction of Balaur bondoc;
- The House of Science and Art “Dumitru Huzoni" in General Berthelot commune, with two dinosaur reproductions: Magyarosaurus dacus and Zalmoxis robustus;
- The House of Dwarf Dinosaurs in Sânpetru village;
- The House of Volcanoes in Densuș commune;
- The House of Traditions in Sânpetru village.